Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Hidrent.com, and the Hidrent mobile App, owned and operated by Hidrent Inc, a Delaware Corporation (“Hidrent,” “us” or “we”), and our services made available to you (the "user" or "you") through our website (the "Website" or the “Site”) and any online applications or mobile application and tools (the “App”). Two types of users will be allowed to use our platform: Clients ("Client users" or “Clients”) and Firefighters ("Firefighters users" or “Firefighters”). Through our services we provide a platform which permits Client users to post small labor projects ("jobs" or “Projects”) with suggested prices to the platform and permits other users, Firefighter users, to respond by offering to perform the project at the listed price. The Website and the App together constitute our services (the "Service"). Unless otherwise specified, all references to the Services include the services available through the Hidrent Website or the Hidrent mobile App, as well as any software that Hidrent provides to you that allows you to access our products or Services.
Furthermore, you hereby agree that Hidrent shall have no liability for any damages or injuries resulting from your use of our platform or any engagement and interaction with another user (Client or Firefighter) through the use of our Services.
3. Description of Service: Hidrent is a marketplace venue that connects Client users in need of small labor projects with qualified off duty Firefighter users looking for supplemental work and are willing to engage with the Client user to perform that work for a fee (the Job or Project). Client users may submit a Project request through Hidrent along with the price they are willing to pay for the Project. These requests are then sent to local Firefighter users that have agreed to cover a specific geographical territory. The first Firefighter user to accept the Client user’s proposal wins the Project. Communication is then established between the Client user and Firefighter user. After the Project is complete the Firefighter user submits hours to Hidrent, Hidrent invoices the Client user, the Client user pays Hidrent directly with their credit card through the Hidrent App, and Hidrent pays the Firefighter user using the account set up for Hidrent payments.
5. Disclaimer: Hidrent disclaims any liability for damages or injuries to person or property resulting from the Firefighters or the Client’s actions, failure to act or omissions, whether intentional or in negligence.
7. No Circumvention: Client users and Firefighter users are prohibited from circumventing Hidrent for the purpose of engaging one another for a Project. All users (Client or Firefighter or Thirds Party) may not contact another user (Client or Firefighter) in any manner whatsoever with the intent to avoid Hidrent Services. Any violation of this no circumvention term will result in the immediate termination of a user’s account. Firefighter users agree to pay Hidrent a fee ("Service Fee") on the agreed upon price for each Project invoiced and processed by Hidrent or its third-party payment processor. The Service fee, which is determined and identified when you register your account with Hidrent, will be calculated on Page 3 of the agreed upon price of the Project, and not subject to any discount, rebate, refund, or adjustment that the Firefighter and the Client may subsequently agree upon.
8. Assurances by users: If you are a Firefighter, it is your sole responsibility to have the applicable required state and/or local level trade or professional licensing to perform the work that you will be hired to do, for yourself and your subcontractors. If you are a Client, it is your sole responsibility to confirm that the Firefighter, and any subcontractor they use, possesses the valid and current trade or professional license appropriate for the Project to be performed.
9. Trade and Professional Licenses: Hidrent does not screen for, or require, a Firefighter to produce or confirm that they have all, or any, applicable required state and/or local level trade or professional licensing to perform the work you are interested in hiring them for. We recommend you request the Firefighter produce a valid and current trade or professional license appropriate for the Project to be performed and that you confirm these licensing credentials with the business and the applicable state and local licensing authorities before proceeding with your project. If the project requires subcontractors working for the Firefighter, we recommend that you also confirm that they have the necessary license to perform the services.
10. Project Listings: Project Listings must describe the Project or services to be performed accurately. All the listed Projects must be in the appropriate category for the Project. If the Project or service was not accurately described, then the Firefighter may request additional financial compensation from the Client prior to work beginning. The Client may refuse at this point rendering the initial agreement null and void. All payments for Projects will be processed by the third-party payment processor we use. Hidrent has the right to monitor, edit, and partially or totally delete any Project Listing and Client will have no right of action against Hidrent.
11. Invoicing and Payments: a. Hidrent does not charge Client users for providing the Service. b. Invoicing for Projects completed by the Firefighter, and the payment for those Projects by Client users will be processed using Hidrent's third party payment processing service. c. If we have not heard from you with documented proof of any issues within seven (7) days after the payment has been made for the services, the purchase of the services is final. d. Should you have any monetary dispute regarding the services performed by the Firefighter please advise Hidrent immediately. Although not under any duty to do so, Hidrent will attempt to act as an intermediary to help mediate and achieve a mutually agreed resolution to the dispute. If no mutually agreed resolution can be reached within seven (7) days of you reporting the dispute, Hidrent will process the payment as invoiced to pay the Firefighter and the payment will be final. e. You agree to participate in good faith in a neutral resolution mediation process conducted by a neutral third-party mediator selected by Hidrent.
12. Assumption of Risk: your use of our Services shall be solely at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that Hidrent does not have an obligation or duty to request, require, verify, or confirm that any user of our Services including, without limitation, firefighters have a valid and current state or local trade or professional license to perform the work you hire them for. Hidrent does not make any attempt to verify the statements of users of the website or to review or verify any users’ credentials including, without limitation, trade, or professional licenses. Hidrent, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents explicitly disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose; any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of or in trade; and any warranties, representations, or guarantees in connection with this website, or the services offered on or through this website. You further acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the entire risk arising out of your access to and use of our services and website, including ascertaining and verifying that a firefighter has a valid and current state or local trade or professional license to perform the work you hire them for, remains solely with you and that Hidrent will have no liability to you, therefore.
13. Disclosures: Hidrent makes no guarantees or endorsements. Hidrent is not a party to any Project and does not itself offer to perform any Project. Hidrent is a mobile venue only and operated for the sole purpose of bringing together the Client and the Firefighter to engage in the performance of a Project. Hidrent does not intervene in any transaction between the Client and the Firefighter. Hidrent makes no guarantees, warranties or representations regarding the skills or experience of the Firefighter or the quality of the Project that he or she may perform for you if you elect to retain their services. Hidrent does not endorse or recommend the services of any particular Firefighter and we do not independently verify their representations about their services, nor do we validate any reviews. It is the sole responsibility of the Client users to evaluate the Firefighter users and their qualifications to perform the Project. Hidrent does not guarantee or warrant any Firefighter user's performance on the Project or the outcome or quality of the Projects performed. The Firefighter users are not employees or agents of Hidrent. Hidrent is not an agent or representative of the Firefighter users or the Client users. Hidrent does not guarantee the suitability or safety of the Project. It is solely the firefighter's responsibility to determine if a Project is safe and does not violate any law, regulation, or local ordinance.
17. Your Interactions with Other Users: you are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. You understand that Hidrent currently does not conduct any background checks including, but not limited to, criminal, financial, sex offender or any other background checks or screenings on its users. Hidrent also does not inquire into the backgrounds of all of its users or attempt to verify the statements of its users. Hidrent makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or their compatibility with any current or future users. While not being obligated to do so, Hidrent reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check or other screenings at any time and using available public records. Hidrent is not responsible for the conduct of any user. In no event shall Hidrent, its executives, employees, affiliates or partners be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with Page 7 of the use of the service including, without limitation, death, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from Project performance, communications or meetings with other users or persons you meet through the service. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the service or meet in person to complete a Project. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other users.
21. Interruption of Service: Suspension, interruption, or discontinuance of your access and use of our Services may be for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of our Services or other actions that we, in our sole discretion, may elect to take. We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue your account and/or the availability of our Services and/or any portion or feature of our Services at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the site or Services or any part thereof.
23. Upgrades: You understand that Hidrent may issue upgrade versions of any mobile App and you consent to receiving automatic upgrades on your mobile device. You also acknowledge and agree that standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of the App.
24. Security: Violating the security of our Site is prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Hidrent may investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Security violations include, without limitation, unauthorized access to or use of data or systems including any attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service or Site or to breach security or authentication measures, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic and interference with service to any user, host, or network.
25. Rights: All rights, title, and interest in and to the Service and its components (including all intellectual property rights) will remain with and belong exclusively to Hidrent.
26. Proprietary Rights: Hidrent or its licensors own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and all hardware, software and other items used to provide the Service, other than the rights explicitly granted to you to use the Service in accordance with this Terms. No title to or ownership of any proprietary rights related to the Service is transferred to you pursuant to these Terms. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by Hidrent.
28. Copyright Policy: We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We reserve the right to remove any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringes another person's copyright and/or terminate, discontinue, suspend and/or restrict the account or ability to visit and/or use the Services or remove, edit, or disable any User Content on the Services which allegedly infringes another person's copyright. We provide this policy pursuant to Section 512 of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Page 11 of A valid complaint under the DMCA must provide the following information in writing: An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and email address. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law. A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner. FEDERAL LAW PROVIDES THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS' FEES. The above information must be submitted to our DMCA Agent at support@Hidrent.com
29. Warranties: our content and all services and products associated with our services are provided to you on an "as-is" and "as available" basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of our services or the information, content, materials, products, or services included on or associated with our services. You expressly agree that your use of our services and all products and services included on or associated with our services is at your sole risk. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of the content or the services, the Projects posted to the service, the products associated with our services, the qualification of the firefighters to perform a Project or the safety, reliability, title, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, conformity or fitness for a particular purpose of the content or the services and products associated with our services. It is your sole responsibility to independently evaluate the accuracy, correctness or completeness of the content, the services, the Projects, the qualification of the firefighters to perform a Project and products associated with our services. We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that the content that may be available for downloading from our services is free of infection from any viruses, malicious software or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. We do not make any representations, warranties, or guarantees, express or implied, regarding any information or offers provided on or through our services. Page 12 of We disclaim any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, miss delivery, or untimely delivery of any content, information, or material. We disclaim any warranties regarding the security, reliability, timeliness, and performance of the services. You understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of the Service at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data. We make no representations that our services are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdictions. When you access or use our services from a jurisdiction, then you do so by your own volition and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
32. Waiver: Users expressly waive any an all legal claims against Hidrent for use of the Service. Any claims arising out of the use of the Service will solely be against User(s) involved.
34. Notice: You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.